DRG Summit: SWEDEN! Please suggest topics for a round table discussion.

Where old threads go to die.
Dinosaur David B

Hi all,

Now that travel restrictions have eased up a bit, Dino Dave is starting his world tour to see friends in far reaching places. First stop: Växjö, Sweden. On November 5th, I will be getting together with Andy Gavin, Janne Stark, and Pontus Gustafsson! So I figured, in addition to all the normal playing and imbibing that happens at these things, we thought we should probably have another DRG roundtable.

So we're looking for topics to discuss.

Janne Stark is probably the most experienced player on DRG. He is certainly the most musically active, and busy.Andy is one of the very best players here and a great teacher. I'm pretty strong in songwriting, arranging, producing, and tone topics.Pontus grew up on DRG. He's a lot younger and brings a more modern perspective. But he was also in a touring band, so he is wise beyond his years. Please post any suggestions on this thread.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

I wish i could do this, but I missed the NYC one, so this one is even more difficult.

As for topics, I guess you guys could speak about the difference among the european and the american fandom / musical market.

Also, you guys need to jam.
Dinosaur David B

We will jam. And we will film it.

Nick Layton

I got one for ya:

Given the new reality of how most people consume music these days (most of the time without paying for it and many times as background music only) what motivates you to keep creating and/or performing music?
bourbonsamurai

Tatosh Guitar said:

As for topics, I guess you guys could speak about the difference among the european and the american fandom / musical market.

[/quote]
this is a really good one. why did technically proficient metal/hard rock guitar seemingly never fall out of favor in Europe? i've always assumed this was a fan driven thing, but that kinda guitar had fans here in the US, too, and look what happened. lol i'd love to hear from the roundtable on this topic.
Tatosh Guitar

bourbonsamurai said:

Tatosh Guitar said:

[/quote]
this is a really good one. why did technically proficient metal/hard rock guitar seemingly never fell out of favor in Europe? i've always assumed this was a fan driven thing, but that kinda guitar had fans here in the US, too, and look what happened. lol i'd love to hear from the roundtable on this topic.

[/quote]
Years ago I read an article from a guy who said that the basic difference was that the hardest side of rock or metal were an European, or maybe a British thing. For America, it was a fad, something that was in fashion and then wasn't. In Europe, it was part of their cultural DNA.
Dinosaur David B

I think there's a lot of truth in that. I think they just appreciate it a lot more. As do a lot of places.
Dr Nick

It'd be interesting to compare the differences in gear amongst us, and the reasons behind peoples choices.
merlo_zeppelin

My life will not be complete until I attend a Dino meeting
Dinosaur David B

Maybe the Dino Dave tour will go to South America and I'll hang with you and Mario.