Genres are for kiddies! ;p

A place to discuss songwriting. Yours, or someone elses.
Dinosaur David B

He was using vox as an abbreviation for vocals (the way they used to write it on a channels of a mixing desk: kick, snare, bass, gtr, vox etc. ) as opposed to as a chimey EL-84-based British amp.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
inmyhands

Thanks Dave.

I'll make sure the others here at the rest home also receive this information.

We had oatmeal this morning.

Rick
Dinosaur David B

inmyhands said:

Thanks Dave.

I'll make sure the others here at the rest home also receive this information.

We had oatmeal this morning.

Rick

[/quote]
Say hi to my Dad. ;)
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Haffner

Dinosaur David B said:

I too tend to think of myself as a "Rock" guitarist. As opposed, to say, a Metal guitarist. As a rock guitarist, I dabble in metal, and other genre's too. But heavy rock is home for me. It's where I live, write, and play as a player.

[/quote]I guess I never got past the 70s, where Scorps, Sabbath, Priest, and Purple were considered heavy metal by all the kids I knew. I still call it Metal, though there are varying degrees of extremity (Black, Death, etc.).

Genres don't bug me, except when they get needlessly wordy and/or try too hard to be different ("Alternative/Progressive/Emo Metal"). I'm a Metal guitarist. Rock guitarists are Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Townshend, Jeff Beck (all great imo).

To me both Emperor and Sabbath are Metal bands, just different extremes of the genre.

Haffner

EugenicScum said:

I want to read this thread on shrooms.

[/quote]

Wait, there are times we aren't on shrooms here? :o

inmyhands

Haffner said:

EugenicScum said:

I want to read this thread on shrooms.

[/quote]

Wait, there are times we aren't on shrooms here? :o

[/quote]
Where've you been? It's like 2 years since Dave made this a psilocybin optional guitar forum. Many Dead Heads have left but the influx of "straight as an arrow" / "mothers milk" / "limp dicks" that have joined allow us to meet federal diversity requirements so Dave can continue to write off the Dino Forum as a "not for profit" / "public service" website when he files his taxes.

Have you searched our site for some of the new member entries? Bobby Lee submitted a nifty thread on "Rudeness has no place in society". Sassy Lassie gave us a real "head turner" with her Poll entitled "Laxatives or Bulimia" in our health / staying in shape section. The responses became argumentative to the point that Dave had to lock the thread. We've also had submissions on "favorite popcorn", "naughty is never nice" and "birds that poop too wet".

Seven Moons

inmyhands said:

[/quote] We've also had submissions on "favorite popcorn", "naughty is never nice" and "birds that poop too wet".

[/quote]
I don't know what to say about the first two topics, but I definitely have some input to provide on the third.
g_string

I uploaded to Soundcloud instead of dropbox. This is my actual music, not my nonsense emo ramblings =D

https://soundcloud.com/ben-11-335960248/light-your-fire

https://soundcloud.com/ben-11-335960248/devils-advocate