BLACKSTAR AMPED 1- FLOOR 100w AMP

This is the forum for discussion and questions regarding Amplifiers, yours, or someone elses.
eduardoritos

BLACKSTAR AMPED 1- FLOOR 100w AMP

OMG, it's what I need.
Powerfull, small, simple to use (only two type of amp sim), built in reverb, capable to take current on two pedal (delay-fx loop- and drive).

And pretty cheap.

A.J. Huckleberry

Re: BLACKSTAR AMPED 1- FLOOR 100w AMP

Yeah, mine gets delivered next week. I've gone all "nano-amp" because of back and hip issues. I have the Bluguitar AMP 1 Mercury Edition and that's a damn near perfect rig for me but I like the new small tech and I've made my way through most of it.
eduardoritos

Tell about the sound when you got it, please. 

I'm very interested on the new model. It's built with delay, reverb and modulation effects, plus tuner. 

It's near perfect❗
Bytor

There's this in the pipeline as well.
https://blackstaramps.com/dept-10-amped-3/

A.J. Huckleberry

Well, it sounded great. However: the Preset and Reverb were glitching out of the gate. The lights would tell me the present was off and the settings had changed back (my preset was a clean tone, normal setting were a UK/EL34 sound).

Reverb wouldn't turn off most of the time. 

Back it went. I have no luck with anything digital.
Dr Nick

Re: BLACKSTAR AMPED 3 - FLOOR 100w AMP

I've just got an Amped 3 - the Church I play at are trying to get the stage as quiet as possible. Drums in a booth, bass into board using a plug-in amp, in-ear monitors. 
And me with a tube amp. 

So rather than run cables into another room, decided to try this. 
Worked very well, still using my pedals (not that I use many), XLR out into the desk, and I think it sounds good. 

Have the advantage that in our drum room (soundproofed) I have a mixing desk and a friends old powered speakers. So I was able to set up the tones pretty close to what I wanted, and just tweak the top end a bit on the day. 

Good bit of kit. 

Dr Nick

Re: BLACKSTAR AMPED 3- FLOOR 100w AMP

IMG_4325.jpg
IMG_4325.jpg (536.19 KiB) Viewed 810 times
 OK this is the setup I'm trying out for practicing. The whole thing goes through our practice PA and comes out of the monitors via an 8 channel mixing desk, so can balance with vocals etc, and then adjust volume to the drums. 
Bit untidy, but for practicing it's fine, and I don't have the kit to make my own patch cables. 
One additional useful thing is that the Amped 3 has a power output for a couple of pedals, so I've started using my son's volume pedal. 
For shows I'm still using a tube amp.