MAD MEN

A pressure-free environment where members can discuss any NON-Dino players and music without having their heads bitten off by the angry Dinos. IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT DINO MUSIC, DON'T COME HERE.
eduardoritos

MAD MEN

AWESOME!

Some years ago, I left the show on the third season.
Now, I've revisited and continued 'til the end, and, I have to say, really awesome.

On the obvious side: the making, dresses, make-up, etc, it's great. You smells the 60's in every photogram.

The characters: like in the real life, you don't love anybody at 100%, because nobody's perfect. During the entire show you start knowing each one, his life and reason to be that o this way.

Donald it's  an incredible main character, because sometimes you really hates him; but he's not a bad guy. He's the result of a hard life, and he tries being better and learning to live with others.

Peggy: the 21th woman, who's started on the 60's (or before). He don't want men to be over her. He's aware of her own capabilities and rights.

And so on with the rest of the characters.

The only con is the happy end for all the histories, EXCEPT... Betty.

Betty wants perfection (because the education received from her mother), but perfection don't exist at all.
Show start some months after Betty's mother's pass and ends some months before Betty's pass. It's  the circle of life.

Not many tv shows grab me that way; one of theme, E.R., the doctor Green passin... SHOCKING. Some Star Trek characters, but in this case, Mad Men, they are so many moments of pain, real pain, because the history leans you to your own memories of life; it's touching.
Betty's end was so similar to my own mother, I can recall her ill, like Betty, with cancer, at home, wainting the end...

Pure art on tv.