New Scorpions single

Here's a place for current news items that may be of interest to forumites.
Dinosaur David B

New Scorpions single

Not bad, but more pop than rock.

Every cord/cable is a cunt.
iplayLouD

Re: New Scorpions single

Damn, Klaus’s voice barely aged at all, huh?
M11

Poppy and catchy, but there's something off (to my ears at least) with the rhythm guitar tone. And yes, Klaus's voice doesn't seem to age at all.
Dinosaur David B

Feels like his voice is floating 10 feet above the mix to me. He doesn't sound like he's with the band.  I think it's part of my problem with this song as it sits here.
Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Duojett71

I like the classic footage thrown in...much of which I think are in 80's era videos....but still fun to watch. Rudolf, Klaus and Matthias all look pretty good for their age. That V Rudolf was playing was really nice. Song isn't bad. It doesn't blow me away but it sounds like something that could have been on 'Crazy World'. Cool video. I am curious about the rest of the album.

mr_crowley

I think the song is ok although it is very tame sounding...

The video on the other hand was kind of sweet with the old footage mixed in with them old guys playing together having a nice time. I liked that :)

Tatosh Guitar

I liked the video out of the nostalgia factor. Just looking at the old images brought a huge smile to my face.

The song is a pretty standard modern Scorpions song (and by modern, I mean anything post Crazy World) Not exactly driving me crazy but not bad. I like that they are still around and that they can still sound great doing it. 
cvansickle

I bought the Rock Believer (Deluxe Edition) album a couple weeks ago, and I've been playing it pretty regularly since. Surprisingly, the "Rock Believer" single is the weakest song of the bunch. Everything else sounds pretty great to me.

I've been getting into the classic Scorpions albums lately also, and playing songs like "The Zoo," "Falling in Love," "Blackout," and "Can't Live Without You" on this new guitar I bought last month, which has a Floyd and a Duncan Pearly Gates pickup. There is a distinct Scorpions sound and this rig catches it.
Duojett71

I bought the standard version of the album a few weeks ago. Think it is pretty good....and I agree "Rock Believer" is the weakest song. There are some songs on this record that would fit right in on 'Blackout', 'Love At First Sting' or 'Crazy World'. As a whole it sounds closest to 'Crazy World'...which isn't a bad thing at all as I thought that was a very good album. Not sure if they are going to tour off this album or just maintain their residency in Vegas....but if they tour, I would go see them. Only saw them once in '85. They were great.