Bass Player Alchemy

Help me make this a better Forum! Got some ideas that would make this place better, let me know.
Duojett71

Bass Player Alchemy

...hey after 8 years I finally had a suggestion! Ever thought of doing some Alchemy profiles on a few bass players who are in the DRG Hall of Fame? Not sure if this was ever brought up at all. I know the site is mainly dedicated to lead guitarists, but I thought would be an interesting idea. It also might attract more people to the site and forum and stimulate more discussions.

I figured we could profile guys like Geezer Butler, John Paul Jones, Geddy Lee, Steve Harris, Bob Daisley, Billy Sheehan, Peter Baltes, Phil Lynott and maybe someone like Chris Squire who maybe outside the genre...but certainly was a big influence on Dino bass players. Just a thought.
Dinosaur David B

Bass Player Alchemy

It's a good thought. At one point, we were going to do a rogues gallery of non-guitarist Dinos. Not just bassists, but genre-defining guys -- like the ones you mention, but also guys like Cozy, Jon Lord, Dio and some others. But I kind of ran out of gas, and I honestly don't think I have it in me. They're a ton of work, and there's not any real return on that investment.

And btw, we're ALL losing money at DRG at this point. At least those who contribute financially.

In the early days, the alchemy profiles were the bait that drew people to DRG. Now, we don't get 2 new members a year. And for those we do get, the guitar alchemy profiles still bring people here. i.e. we technically don't need more bait.

Every cord/cable is a cunt.